Embracing Life: Nourishing Relationships, Body, and Spirit
This is a six-month coaching program, with most of the work being done in the first twelve weeks, followed by support and further learning.
It is designed to address the changes in life as we age, health issues, loneliness and longing for a deep, meaningful relationship that many older people experience. It also is designed to support couples in long-term relationships that have lost their way.
It aims to provide tools and techniques for understanding the ageing body and mind, personal desires, forming meaningful connections, and cultivating spiritual and emotional aspects of later life.
A 12-week Journey to Ageing Well and a further three months of support and teaching. Starting with a 1-2-1 Getting to know you chat then 12 weekly Zoom sessions and three further months follow up…What you get from this is clarity of purpose for the rest of your life. A road map of new ideas and the ability to leave behind things, people and places that no longer serve your journey.
Weeks 1-3: Foundations of Healthy Relationships
Week 1: Building Meaningful Connections
- Understanding the importance of social connections in ageing well
- Strategies for maintaining and cultivating your relationships
- Take Away: You get clarity of your own needs and who you need in your life
Week 2: Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Effective communication skills for healthy relationships
- Managing conflicts and fostering understanding of your partner
- Take Away: Methods for better and closer relationships.
Week 3: Family Dynamics and Support Systems
- Exploring the role of family in ageing
- Building a strong, supportive network
- Take Away: How to negotiate others peoples dramas and not lose your way
Weeks 4-6: Holistic Wellness Practices.
Week 4: Physical Wellbeing in Later Years
- Exercise and mobility for your body
- A first look at Nutrition for maintaining physical health
- Take Away: What we need to do stay active and healthy
Week 5: Cognitive Health and Mental Agility
- Brain-boosting activities and exercises
- Strategies for maintaining cognitive function- your mind drives you
- Take Away: How you can stop the decline in brain power
Week 6: Sleep and Stress Management
- Importance of quality sleep for ageing well
- Stress reduction techniques and finding balance
- Take Away: Tips that help to ease you into relaxation
Weeks 7-9: Navigating Emotions in later-life
Week 7: Emotional Resilience
- Understanding and managing your emotions
- Developing resilience in the face of life changes
- Take Away: Ways to curb anger, frustration and emotional pain
Week 8: Exploring Creativity and Leisure
- Incorporating creativity into your daily life
- Finding joy in leisure activities
- Take Away: Creating hobbies and new friendships
Week 9: Spirituality and Inner Wellbeing
- Exploring spirituality as a source of strength
- Practices for inner peace and contentment
- Take Away: Being mindful of our place and gratitude for our life
Weeks 10-12: Nourishing Your Body and Soul
Week 10: Nutrition for Optimal Aging
- The role of nutrition in ageing but one that works for you
- Creating a balanced and nourishing diet plan for you
- Take Away: The benefits of good quality foods and which ones are best
Week 11: Holistic Self-Care Practices
- Integrating self-care into daily routines
- Mindful practices for overall wellbeing
- Take Away: The daily routines of living a good later life
Week 12: Reflection and Celebration
- Reflecting on the 12-week journey
- Celebrating your achievements and setting future goals
- Take Away: Well what a journey of discovery! Now what?
Imagine having ended your loneliness, got your health back on track and gained the ability to improve your life and create a lasting relationship.
I help people in later life find health, wellness, and love in fulfilling relationships so they can live a happy and harmonious life.